The High Country Local Services
The High Country ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the The High Country site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
The High Country Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in The High Country When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
The High Country Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for The High Country Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
The High Country ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for The High Country and a Place to Meet
The highcountry.vic.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about The High Country
The High Country is a beautiful and rugged region of Victoria, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this area:
1. The region is known for its stunning landscapes, which include snow-capped mountains, deep valleys, and crystal-clear streams.
2. The history of the High Country is rich and varied. Indigenous Australians have lived in the area for thousands of years, and European settlers arrived in the 19th century to graze sheep and cattle.
3. The region is home to some of Australia's most iconic wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, and echidnas.
4. Mount Bogong, the highest peak in the Victorian Alps, is located in the High Country. Standing at 1,986 meters tall, it is a popular destination for hikers and climbers.
5. The area is also known for its delicious food and wine. Local producers offer a range of high-quality products, including cheese, olive oil, and wine.
6. The High Country has a strong cultural heritage, with many festivals and events celebrating the region's history and traditions.
7. The region is home to several national parks, including Alpine National Park, which is one of Australia's largest protected areas.
8. Ned Kelly, one of Australia's most famous outlaws, spent much of his time in the High Country. His capture and subsequent execution are part of the region's history.
9. The High Country is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, with activities such as hiking, cycling, skiing, and fishing on offer.
10. The region has a rich gold-mining history, with many gold rush towns still standing today. Visitors can explore these historic sites and learn about the region's past.